At Uniclub we aim to provide our customers with a safe and fun environment for wagering on their favourite games. In order to achieve this goal, we provide players with a wide range of options to ensure that they gamble responsibly. These measures include: Deposit Limits, Self-Exclusion or Opt-Out, Information on Keeping Control, Problem Gambling Questionnaire and Parental Controls.
Gambling is a way of spending free time that can give a gambler not only positive but also negative emotions. Failures in gambling affect not only the gambler himself, but also his family and the environment. A gambler should not risk the well-being of his family and loved ones for the sake of gambling. The gambling company Uniclub takes special care of its customers and therefore informs you about responsible gambling.
The gambling company Uniclub takes the issue of underage gambling very seriously and understands the responsibility it carries regarding this matter. Uniclub gambling rules and regulations make it clear that the company prohibits gambling on BetGames, GoldenRace and sports betting for people under the age of 18, and casino games for those under the age of 21 (excluding those slot machines that are available) from the age of 18).
All Uniclub clients are subjects to age verification procedure and must provide us with a document proving their age and identity. Should Uniclub find any customers violating the underage gambling rules and regulations, it reserves the right to report such users to the state authorities as well as forfeit any winnings that may have been obtained.
Every Uniclub user has the option to create a 1 month, 7 day or 24 hour limit on their deposits. This limit specifies how much money the client can deposit into their Uniclub gambling balance during the specified time period. The deposit limit can be reduced at any time.
Changes to a client's deposit limit are made automatically and our customer service specialists do not have the option to change the deposit limits set by the client. The deposit settings can be changed in the user account settings of the Uniclub website.
PERSONAL BETTING LIMITS
Uniclub customers can set personal betting limits to better control the size of their bets. Personal betting limits can be reduced at any time, while raising limits can take up to 24 hours. Changing the bet limit is done automatically and our customer service specialists are unable to influence this process in any way.
ACCESS TO CUSTOMER HISTORY
A full history of bets, deposits and withdrawals can be viewed by customers in the profile section when logged in. Customers can also view their current gambling balance in their profile. This information is always displayed in the small profile summary at the top of every page.
STAYING IN CONTROL
Our customers are the most important part of our business. We understand that while the majority of our clients play well within their limits, for some keeping control of their bankroll might come as a challenge. To help them stay in control of their gambling habits, we strongly urge our customers to remember the following rules:
- Gambling is a form of entertainment and should not be seen as a way of making an income.
- Trying to win back lost money by placing more bets is a very dangerous way to gamble.
- You should only play with money that you can afford to spend.
- Keep track of the time and the amount of money you spend when gambling.
- We offer the Opt-Out and Self-Exclusion options to our clients, if they themselves feel like that is necessary.
- If you feel as though you have or are developing a problem with gambling you should contact your local problem gambling support organization.
PROBLEM GAMBLING QUESTIONNAIRE
If you have concerns that you or someone close to you has a problem or is developing a problem with gambling then the following questionnaire might help you out:
- Do you constantly think of and/or talk about gambling?
- Do you spend more money gambling than you can afford to?
- Do you have trouble stopping gambling and feel annoyed and/or frustrated if you can’t gamble?
- If you run out of money while gambling, do you feel lost and in despair and feel the urge to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble more in order to win back your losses, and/or rectify your financial losses?
- Do you reckon you will gamble less once you start winning more?
- Have you borrowed money, sold your belongings, or contemplated/have performed any illegal activities in order to finance your gambling?
- Have you failed to pay your bills and/or loans because of gambling?
- Do you often gambling until your last penny is gone?
- Do you prefer to gamble with bigger sums instead of small bets?
- Do you feel elated when you win and crushed when you lose?
- Do you gamble to escape your personal problems, or to suppress annoyance, depression, anger, and other negative emotions?
- Do you feel annoyed quicker or have less patience when dealing with your day-to-day activities and/or issues?
- Do you feel guilty when you gamble?
- Have others ever criticized your gambling?
- Has your gambling caused you to have arguments with your family and loved ones?
- Do you avoid discussing your gambling habits with others?
- Do you hide bills and/or debt notifications from your family and loved ones?
- Do you gamble instead of participating in your family’s social events and activities?
- Do you put gambling first before your family and responsibilities relating to your family?
- Do you neglect work and/or studies because of gambling?
- Do you neglect your personal hygiene and basic needs, such as food and sleep, because of gambling?
- Do you continually plan your holidays according to whether you will be able to gamble?
If you worry that you have answered “yes” to too many of these questions above, please take care to solve your problems before your gambling becomes a pathological addiction that can be only cured by professional psychologists and doctors.